Tonight! January 21, 7pm
Meeting ID: 898 9217 9937
Dial in: +1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 898 9217 9937
- Presentation by Spring Forward on housing issues.
- Discussion of planters on the west side of Whitney Avenue south of Putnam.
We hope to see you on tonight!
Town Center Park in Hamden will be filled with holiday lights and community merrymaking on Sat. Dec. 1st for Hamden’s Annual Silverbells Holiday Celebration. See http://www.hamden.com/qcontent/NewsFeed.aspx?FeedID=3704 for details.
The Whitneyville Progressive Action Network created a one-page reminder on how to keep our neighborhood clean. Just in time for April, which is bulk trash pick-up month.
Keep Whitneyville Clean
Keep Our Neighborhood Free of Illegal Dumping!
If you have bulk garbage you need to get rid of:
- You can put it out by the curb during April and October and the city will pick it up. Please note that the town cannot pick up TVs.
- During the months in between, you can put something out in the hope that someone will pick it up. However, please don’t put it out for more than a couple of days and only in good weather.
Consider donating the furniture to a charity:
- Salvation Army: (203) 230-2323, 1359 Dixwell Ave.
- Goodwill (203) 248-1600, 2901 State Street or 2369 Dixwell Ave.
- Take to the town dump. 341 Wintergreen Ave. in New Haven (203-387-2435). Bring ID to prove residency. The town dump will accept TVs.
If you see bulk garbage left out for weeks on end during months other than April and October:
Residents on this site can notify the town about issues in their neighborhood, upload photos, and track the town’s response. You don’t need to identify yourself.
- Call Hamden Planning and Zoning (203) 287-7070 and report the problem.
Be sure to give the address where the garbage has been dumped. You don’t need to identify yourself.
- Ask your neighbors to do the same! A volume of calls is more likely to be effective. One way to do this is to post the information on NextDoor.com https://nextdoor.com/ and ask others in your neighborhood to report it. You can upload a photo on NextDoor as well.
Feel free to copy this notice and give it to your neighbors!
We live in a beautiful neighborhood! Let’s keep it that way!
Sponsored by Whitneyville Progressive Action Network (WPAN Works)
At our March meeting, Nicole Davis from Save The Sound presented information on the Mill River Watershed Plan. The presentation is available at:
Mill River Whitneyville_03152018
If you’d like to participate in the planning process, you can contact Ms. Davis at email@example.com.