The Whitneyville Progressive Action Network created a one-page reminder on how to keep our neighborhood clean. Just in time for April, which is bulk trash pick-up month.
Keep Our Neighborhood Free of Illegal Dumping!
If you have bulk garbage you need to get rid of:
- You can put it out by the curb during April and October and the city will pick it up. Please note that the town cannot pick up TVs.
- During the months in between, you can put something out in the hope that someone will pick it up. However, please don’t put it out for more than a couple of days and only in good weather.
Consider donating the furniture to a charity:
- Salvation Army: (203) 230-2323, 1359 Dixwell Ave.
- Goodwill (203) 248-1600, 2901 State Street or 2369 Dixwell Ave.
- Take to the town dump. 341 Wintergreen Ave. in New Haven (203-387-2435). Bring ID to prove residency. The town dump will accept TVs.
If you see bulk garbage left out for weeks on end during months other than April and October:
- Report it on SeeClickFix. https://seeclickfix.com/
Residents on this site can notify the town about issues in their neighborhood, upload photos, and track the town’s response. You don’t need to identify yourself.
- Call Hamden Planning and Zoning (203) 287-7070 and report the problem.
Be sure to give the address where the garbage has been dumped. You don’t need to identify yourself.
- Ask your neighbors to do the same! A volume of calls is more likely to be effective. One way to do this is to post the information on NextDoor.com https://nextdoor.com/ and ask others in your neighborhood to report it. You can upload a photo on NextDoor as well.
Feel free to copy this notice and give it to your neighbors!
We live in a beautiful neighborhood! Let’s keep it that way!
Sponsored by Whitneyville Progressive Action Network (WPAN Works)