March 10, 2016 meeting
- Gardening club will have a work day 4/3 and is looking to perhaps broaden their activities beyond the pocket park.
- Elections in May will be for Secretary and Vice President. There are two people interested in Secretary and one willing to serve as Vice President.
- Membership envelopes will be available at meetings starting in May to make it simpler to pay dues.
- Summer Music Slams scheduled for June 15, July 13, and August 17. We will plan to incorporate dessert truck or two and use the Whitneyville Cultural Commons as a rain-location.
- The spring Litter Pick-up days will be May 14 and 15, watch for details. Meet in / drop off bags in the Ralston/Whitney lot.
- Tree trimming will be preceded by signs posted on the trees, there is a 10 day period to object.
Library update from Marian Amodio:
- Changes in the system to bring the library into the 21st century – building on “strong bones.”
- Updated to policies, rules, fines to make using the library easier.
- Updates to Miller – cleaning and working on building maintenance.
- New catalog system at lower cost because we share with many other systems – bonus: can easily see what’s at other libraries.
- New career/job center and adult programs – movies, speakers, etc.
- New collaborations and expansions with grants.
- Whitneyville branch will continue added hours and work on the condition of the building (but this is likely a capital request).
Laine explained the zoning variance applications and encourage use to support. This would allow combing all of the parcels into one and could allow parking to be established.
Paperwork for Whitneyville Cultural Commons 501(c)(3) application is completed and will be submitted soon.