WCA Minutes 9/10/2015
September Meeting, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Jan’s first meeting since she was elected president. Has been in the neighborhood since 1978, looking forward to working with the association.
– Complaint about overlook trash barrel – it’s now on the pickup route. Alert the town help line if you see trash pileup problems.
– Traffic committee contacting the Mayor about Mather traffic calming plan. See further discussion later in meeting.
– Public parking – sent letter about signage in the public lot and asking for enforcement.
– Davenport-Dunbar plantings on Clifford; Michael is in contact with town, but enforcement is complaint-driven.
– Dave reported on library branch – peeling paint may be fixed/covered, will ask to have hours posted on the new door window.
– Whitneyville Fall Festival is this Saturday, 9/12 10:00am – 4:00pm. Need someone at the table from 3 to 4 (Deb and Scott will do this). Stop by the table and say “Hi”.
– League of Women Voters candidates forum October 29 7pm to 9pm at Miller Library. We are co-sponsoring with several other civic associations. Send questions for candidates to Jan (email@example.com)
– Hamden Land Conservation Trust is looking for a Scout Troop to help steward Johnson Pond. There are troops in Spring Glen, but not in Whitneyville.
John Hudak, Regional Water Authority, Environmental Planning Department.
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.rwater.com
An informative presentation on the history, real estate, and environmental activities of the Authority, including details on Lake Whitney and the local treatment plant (one of four). Sign up for Lake Whitney Management Plan updates (annually) by contacting email@example.com
Rep. Mike D’Agostino
Asked for feedback on residential parking issue in the town. Also discussed strategies for engaging town on parking and zoning enforcement issues. Also provided updates on legislature.
Agreed to write an open letter to request town explain why Mather/Waite traffic calming work was not completed as described at WCA May meeting and a pre-project meeting was not held.
Announcement: Hamden Land Trust fundraiser wine tasting and art show, at Whitney Center, 9/17, 5:30-7:30.